Sign up for trips
Sign Up for Ski Trips - *** NEW ***
- Sign-up to trips will be possible up to 21:00 on the night of the SOSB for all people that have registered to the Ski Club on MySSCC and paid the membership fee.
- People that cannot join the SOSB in person can sign-up to a trip by contacting directly the trip captain per email up to 12am on the day of the SOSB.
- At the night of the SOSB at 21:00 the sign-up list for all trips will be frozen.
- For all trips where the number of interested people is larger than the places available, there will be a lottery to assign places on the trip.
- People can sign up to a trip individually or in groups made of up to 4 people. Each group counts as 1 instance in the lottery and will be assigned to a number.
- Numbers will be extracted publicly using a BINGO until all places on the trip are assigned to a group. The same method will be used to define the order of the people on the waiting list.
- If there is not enough place for the entire group, it is left to the group to decide who takes the place(s) and who goes into the waiting list.
- After the SOSB, the trip captain will send an email with the list of members in the trip and the waiting list. From there on-wards, handling of the list will be done as normal business, i.e. no group concept
- After the SOSB, people have the usual 2 weeks to pay the 50 EUR non-refundable deposit and confirm their place on the trip, otherwise they lose priority.
- Associate members can not take part into the ballot, as they can only sign up to trips 2 weeks after the SOSB
- Ski Club committee members, together with their partners, are excluded from the ballot (i.e. they get priority in signing up on the trip) unless they decide to sign up as a group of 3 or 4 people. These places will be removed from the amount of available places on a trip when making the ballot.
- Each trip captain can reserve a place on his/her trip for his/her partner. In addition, he/she can sign up for 1 additional trip of the club, together with his/her partner. These places will be removed from the amount of available places when making the ballot.
- Committee members and TCs that wish to sign-up as group of 3 or 4 people lose their priority and may go the ballot as any other member.
Priority and Deposits
- Internal and external members shall have priority in signing up to trips with respect to associates; associates are in any case not excluded from trip.
- Places on a trip will not be reserved for those who have not paid the membership fee regardless of whether the deposit has been paid.
- To secure a place obtained during the SOSB a member shall pay a NON-REFUNDABLE 50 Euro deposit, part of from the trip cost, within two weeks from the SOSB.
- If there are no places left on the trip list, the member can subscribe the waiting list, in this case the 50 Euro deposit is not due.
- People can register friends to trips as long as they are members (i.e. they have registered via the MySSCC page and they have paid the membership fee).
- To register for a trip AFTER the SOSB a member has to contact the relevant Trip Captain; if places are available in the trip list, the member has to pay a 50 Euro deposit within one week from having contacted the Trip Captain to get into the list.
- Associates can sign up to a trip only in the waiting list and can get into the trip list only two weeks after the SOSB date, if places are available; the 50 Euro deposit is NOT due to register in the waiting list. During these two weeks any member registering to the trip has priority over associates (i.e. during these two weeks members go directly into the trip list or in front of associates in the waiting list if the trip is full). After the two weeks (time limit for the deposit for those who subscribed during the SOSB), the trip list is consolidated with the first entries in the waiting list. From this point in time on the waiting list is consolidated and anybody is appended to a single list.
After the SOSB...
- The management of the lists is under the responsibility of the trip captains: chairman and coordinator of trips can review a trip list only in case there are evidences that the trip captain is not respecting the rules.
- Whoever is in a trip list has to pay the full cost of the trip 4 weeks before the trip; if the cancellation policy is particularly strict, the TC can decide to anticipate the payment deadline.
- The trip captain can exclude trippers if they do not pay the deposit or the full cost in due time and replace them with people in the waiting list.
- External members and associates shall pay the full cost of the trip. Internal members pay the reduced cost thanks to the SSCC contribution.
- All deposits for trips are non-refundable.
- If you have to cancel, you must inform the TC as soon as possible, to allow her/him to contact the first members in the waiting list. Note that your place in the trip is non-transferrable.
- The club will attempt to fill any cancellations from the trip waiting list; even if a replacement is found, you will always be liable for the value of the deposit. In case no replacement is found, you may be liable for any costs incurred by the club.
- In the event of a trip cancellation by the club (e.g. due to lack of snow or insufficient trip participants), risk and cost will be shared equally by the members signed up for the trip. EIS will attempt to keep any costs to a minimum.