Obergurgl-Hochgurgl, Austria, December 2015
This is the third time that the club is going to the so-called “The Diamond of the Alps” in Austria, Obergurgl-Hochgurgl. It is located in the upper Ötztal Valley on the main Alpine ridge. Due to its high-altitude location snow is almost guaranteed. Just to be on the safe side, more than 99 % of all slopes in both ski areas are equipped with artificial snow-making systems. Therefore, Obergurgl-Hochgurgl ranks among the top ski resorts where snow is always available in abundance.
Capacity of 39,400 persons/hour and total length of 110 km (Hochgurgl 54 km and Obergurgl 56 km).
- Beginners and novice skiers will find a perfect learning area in: Gaisberg and Mahdstuhl lift.
- More advanced skiers can enjoy a truly unique paradise in the Festkogl ski area in Obergurgl and along the Schermerspitze ski trail.
- Real experts can conquer the steep Hohe Mut ski run in Obergurgl and the challenging mogul piste down from Top-Wurmkogl II in Hochgurgl.
- Longest ski run: Wurmkogl - Obergurgl/Pill (8km - 1,260m difference in altitude).
Km slopes distribution:
- 35 km easy ski runs (blue)
- 55 km intermediate ski runs (red)
- 20 km difficult ski runs (black).
The Hotel Laurin is located some hundred meters from Hochgurgl lifts, in this way you can return easily to the hotel after a long day of skiing. The rooms were recently refurbished and the hotel offers a relaxation area: Tyrolean bath with solarium, steam bath, sauna and Jacuzzi. Breakfast and dinner will be offered in the hotel as well.
The bus will leave EUMETSAT at 15:45 and from ESOC at 16:00 on Thurday the 10h December. We will arrive in Hochgurgl late on Thurday night. On Sunday we ski all the day, leaving the slopes around 16:00 and arriving back in Darmstadt late on Sunday night.
Trip price per person : EUR 345 / 385 (Internal / External members) Includes Bus transfer, 3-Day Ski Pass, 3 nights Bed, Breakfast and 2 Dinners.